The Toowong French Patisserie opened in June 1984. Online French Patisserie opened in 2006. Salt Village French Patisserie (Kingscliff) opened in July 2017.
The French Patisserie supplies Brisbane and the northern NSW community with authentic French style pastry products. This business has been owned by the same family since 1998. Justin trained at Toowong from age 15 with the original three French brothers who opened the patisserie. Today Head Chef Anthony leads our patisserie kitchens in Toowong and Kingscliff and Craige oversees the family business. The Toowong patisserie has become a part of Brisbane folklore, even having been included in award winning author Nick Earls’ 1997 novel, Zigzag Street. We are serving next generation customers who come with tales of eating here or ordering their croquembouches decades ago with parents and grandparents. The Cat & Fiddle Village in Toowong has undergone a major renovation adding a new dining pod for our customers.
Salt Village French Patisserie was a ‘while on holiday in Kingscliff’ thought bubble that gathered momentum waiting a long time in a coffee queue. The shop is managed by Cindy. Salt Village French Patisserie has very quickly become a favourite French pastry fix for the northern NSW community.
Our signature pastries that customers seek out are:
- Croissant (plain, pain au chocolat and pain au raisin)
- Our Normanby style custard and almond croissant*
- Ham and Neufchatel cheese croissant, served warm
- Our generously sized mille-feuille (vanilla slice)*
- Cheese strudel, Citrus & pistachio tart, Lemon Meringue tart
- Egg Benedict in croissant and Salmon Florentine in croissant
- Croque Monsieur, Croque Champignon and Croque Madame
- Lamaron* (lamington inspired macaron)
- Chocolate mud gateau and the Chocolate fudge gateau (gluten free)
- *Created by and unique to our patisseries.